couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.2
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 20:36:47 GMT

On Oct 10, 2013, at 22:22 , Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hashes ok
> Tests ok
> Distcheck ok
> Fauxton ok
> Plugins: not ok. There are hashes only for 1.4.0 release, which are
> embed directly into plugins.html page. So even if we announce this
> feature only for developers, they still has no way to see working
> example in action and may be a bit confused. However, I'm not sure how
> to set valid hash for the release that is not released yet (:

Good point Alex, let me explain :)

plugins.html is a dev-preview (it actually can’t work because I don’t
have a legal 1.5.0 to build against before we compile the tarball), so
this “not working” is not an issue for the release.

I’m already thinking about how to present this best in the release
announcement and related documentation. But that should not hold
the release.

Best
Jan