couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [1.5.0] Punted for today :(
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:14:53 GMT

On Oct 4, 2013, at 14:01 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> "Our PITA build system doesn't correctly understand how to package fauxton"
>
> The problem is that new files have been added and Autotools hasn't been
> told what to do with them.
>
> We should be getting in the habit of checking the CI server Jan set up,
> which will flag these errors. This is useful for a devs who are adding new
> features and who want to check if the build is broken, and for release
> managers.
>
> In fact, for devs, if you're adding new files, or moving files around, I
> would recommend a quick "./bootstrap && ./configure --disable-tests &&
make
> distcheck" before you commit. This will flag any problems, or bits you've
> forgotten to wire up to the build.

I have an eye on CI that `make distcheck` succeeds and they are all green,
e.g. `make distcheck` doesn’t flag missing files like `build_candidate.sh`.

We don’t yet run `build_candidate.sh` automatically, but I plan to add that
ASAP, so we find these packaging issues right away.

Thanks for all the other pointers, I’ll chug through them on the course
of the day.

Also, completely forgot about --disable-tests. So good, thanks! :)

Best
Jan