couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Mutton, James" <jmut...@akamai.com>
Subject Re: Where to start to test bigcouch integration ?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 19:37:14 GMT
I suppose this is as good a time as any to speak up.  The
1843-feature-bigcouch branch doesn't run as is and there are really 2
steps to get it current.  First, getting the 1843-feature-bigcouch branch
running with at least the couchdb it was dropped with (1.3.x?).  This
means moving around some module references, doing some record translations
and lots of work in the fabric module to take out fabric's map/reduce and
convert it to leverage the couch_mrviews module.  From that point you've
got something functional and what remains as a second half of the effort
involves bringing the couchdb modules of that branch up to trunk.

For what it's worth, a colleague and I have done the above first half but
found the second half a bit more involved then we had the time to tackle
last month.  Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but if
splitting it up like that seems like a workable approach let me know and
I'd be happy to help.

</JamesM>