couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributing
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:39:54 GMT
Welcome, Jacob!

Me and Dirkjan are the most recent release managers. Perhaps Dirkjan can
weigh in with some of his outstanding items. I know he was planning to do
some more automation work.

Our current goal is to start each release process one month after the
previous release announcement. (Note: the release process itself can take
anywhere from a week to several months, depending on how many bugs we hit.)

We're just wrapping up the 1.5 release, so the next one should be in a
month or so. That would be a great time to work side-by-side with Dirkjan
and me and learn the ropes. We'd like to share the duty of performing
releases with as many people as possible.

Jan is the guy to speak to about QA. He has a Jenkins setup, but I think it
needs some work doing before we can use it properly. So perhaps that is
something you could help out with! Till might know more.

CCed all the people mentioned.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater