couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Use Influitive to help with marketing
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 15:08:45 GMT
On 6 October 2013 16:57, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does it works on practice (yes, I had watch the videos) and how it
> will change/improve current state of things?

There will be a site you can go to to view the current challenges, and you
can work on them. Sort of like how you can go to JIRA, and find tickets to
work on. The challenges can be created by the community. It's our way of
saying "hey, if you love CouchDB and you want to help us out, these are
some of the things you could do."

The current state of things is that nothing very much happens. There is
practically no marketing activity, and no co-ordinated attempts to promote
CouchDB. So any sort of improvement or organisation here would be a good
thing.

> P.S. I feel that I had read post as "Do X for reward, not because you
> likes/uses/develops/____ (fill the other) CouchDB". Am I wrong?

This isn't about bribing people to do things. If you're not interested in
CouchDB, don't take part.

Influtive is a way for people who are already very passionate about CouchDB
to co-ordinate with each other and work towards goals that provide a
meaningful benefit to the project.

The rewards system is our way of thanking them for helping out. And as I
mention, can be as simple as them earning points in Influtive, and us
giving them the occasional shout-out.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater