couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.2
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:37:15 GMT
> My +0 means that i don't want to block on that vote. I'm uncomfortable to
release a documentation that isn't totally under the apache 2 license since
I don't know what could be the impact on the distribution of it by others
in their own projects. WHich is the point of using the apache 2 license.
Now I guess it can be OK if we fix in next minor release.

Benoit, we have lots and lots of components of CouchDB that are not under
the Apache license. This is not a problem. All that matters is that we have
the legal right to distribute the bits and bites in the tarball, and that
our downstream users have the same rights. Which we have established
on-list, even if it is not documented properly in the tarball itself.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater