couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: start translation of the docs into German language
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:32:22 GMT
Cool, that's not a problem.

The only other translation team list I can find at the ASF is the OO.org
one:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-l10n/

So perhaps we can copy them and go for l10n@couchdb.apache.org.

It might also be interesting to take a look at how they have things set up
there.

I spotted this too:

http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html

And if you browse the archives, they seem to be using Pootle to collect
translations. In fact, we actually have an ASF instance of this which we
can start using right away.

https://translate.apache.org/

Let me know what you think, and I'll make the necessary requests.

On 17 October 2013 14:13, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:

> Thanks Noah,
>
> it would be cool to have it right form the beginning. I would then write to
> both dev and user to announce the new list and start a discussion of how we
> start the I18n integration.
>
> What would be the name then? I would prefer translation@couchdb.org but I
> am totally open to other ideas. i18n@couchdb.org is another idea.
>

> On 17 October 2013 12:16, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Andy, this sounds great. When would you like the new list created? I can
> do
> > it now, if you like.

> > > thanks Jan ;-) I need to find time to checkout the build process and
> need
> > > to work into Sphinx ... I'll let you know how my progress is and also
> if
> > > need a "hand" :-)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Andy