couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [1.5.0] Punted for today :(
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 15:07:52 GMT
On 7 October 2013 17:00, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> > In this case, I would put the EXTRA_DIST in src/Makefile.am, and remove
> the
> > Makefile.am from src/my-first-couchdb-plugin. The EXTRA_DIST will
> obviously
> > have to prefix all the filenames with my-first-couchdb-plugin, but that's
> > fine. And you can call your Makefile whatever you want.
> >
> > The instructions will need to be updated so that people are instructed to
> > sprinkle the magic dust on configure.ac, when they want their
> Makefile.am
> > to be picked up by the build system
>
> I tried that, but it failed with “no target for…” and then the first item
> in EXTRA_DIST but I might have done something wrong, I’ll try this again
> later. Thanks for confirming that it should work :)

Okay. Let me know if you get stuck. Or when you have a final working config
to review.

> I wanted to avoid setting people one way or another when choosing a
> license,
> because they are free to create non-Apache-2 licensed plugins, but I am
> equally happy to just set a precedent.

The Apache License 2 is a good license choice (it's permissive like MIT or
BSD but includes patent protections) and sane defaults are always a nice
thing. (It also makes it easier for us to ship the demo code.)

Everything else looks fine.

Thanks.

--
Noah Slater