couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.2
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 13:22:59 GMT
Sigs: OK
Hashes: OK
Diff: Ok
Scan: OK
Installation: OK

The NOTICE and LICENSE files have some errors in them, relating to imported
docs.

NOTICE:

> * httpdomain.py

I think we can shorten this URL. No need for it to be the precise location
of the file.

> * views/intro.rst views/nosql.rst views/pagination.rst

The copyright here should be attributed to myself, Jan, and J. Chris.

LICENSE:

No license file for:

externals.rst
protocol.rst
views/intro.rst views/nosql.rst views/pagination.rst
joins.rst

The licenses for those files are:

externals.rst
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

protocol.rst
*NO EXPLICIT LICENSE*
I have asked Benoit to to license this to us on another thread.

views/intro.rst views/nosql.rst views/pagination.rst
Creative Commons Attribution

joins.rst
*NO EXPLICIT LICENSE*
I have asked Christopher to to license this to us on another thread.

share/doc/src/couchapp/views/joins.rst

The copyright notice in here for Christopher's work should be moved to
NOTICE. (Which is where all copyright notices must be moved.)

I am -1 on this release until we get explicit licenses for those two files.
If we get the licenses, I will remove my veto.

No need to re-cut the release. The important thing here is that we have the
legal right to distribute these files, and that our end users will have no
problems using them, and re-distributing them. That's our primary
responsibility. The documentation of that fact (in LICENSE, NOTICE, etc) is
less critical, and so we can leave it for now, but we must fix these issues
for the next release.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater