couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <>
Subject Re: couchdb internals doc repo
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:42:52 GMT
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
> Anyway I really think a good doc items should be organised first before
> putting anything in a melting pot  and reorganise them after. What makes a
> good doc is the ability of the user to find rapidly an information without
> having to sort after.

I don't disagree, my point is more about the process of getting there.
I think it's much easier to gather up all the documentation that we
have already and try to iterate on it to improve organization &
coherency, rather than starting from scratch and wanting to write
everything to be just perfect. It also provides a better interim
solution -- in between starting to collect/write and getting to a
state of having the perfect developer docs, it would be better to have
a disorganized collection of docs in a place that's easy to find (and
contribute to) than having some separate place containing half-written
docs or an outline of what it will grow to be.

View raw message