couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Elixir Sandbox
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:48:49 GMT
There have been discussions on figuring out how to sandbox Erlang. The
biggest thing on that front was that we'd want it to be a whitelist as
opposed to a blacklist of modules and/or module/function pairs. The
second is that with dynamic invocation its not immediately apparent if
that's entirely possible to do.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Chris Keele <email@chriskeele.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone! I'm trying to develop a sandbox for Elixir, and I wanted to see how such
a library might prove useful to the CouchDB dev community.

> My initial goal is just to be able to run string of code in a predefined environment
with configurable modules disabled, returning all output. But I'd like to design it for bigger
things from the ground up, so I was wondering what sorts of requirements you might have of
a sandbox library if you wanted to, say, implement a secure view processor.

> I've started a discussion thread here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/elixir-lang-talk/wA1l74HCZmI,
but I'm particularly interested in your opinions!