couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Hackathon 2013/12/13 - 2013/12/16 in Vienna, Austria
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:17:01 GMT
On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I got confirmation of the location, so we are go -- book your travel!
>
> Some things to consider:
>
> 0. If you are going to come, please +1 this thread so I can keep track of
> people/numbers.
>
> 1. If significant others want to come they are more than welcome & I will
> organise some stuff based on demand for that.
>
> 2. There may be committers who would like to come but for various reasons
> are not able to. Please let private@ know and we'll see what we can do to
> help.
>
> 3. If you're not a committer and want to come, this is an open invitation.
> The objective is to code and merge and doc and fauxton away, but there will
> be space in this for people who are dabbling in couch internals as well as
> the experts.

> Finally, I learned a fair bit from the first hackathon I organised last
> year, but I would appreciate any advice or tips from those of you who have
> done more of them.
>
> MfG/Cheers
> Dave Cottlehuber

+1

I am really exited to come to a real hackaton on the project.

I would like to hack on the couch core and start the real merge. Will there
be anyone to help on that topic? Hopefully there will be most of the core
committers there.

Imo by experience  the hackatons only work if people sync before the
events. So one or two people or more starts to organize betweens
 themselves before so they can focus quite immediately on the topic
(between the exchanges with others)

The other thing that worth is probably to open a wiki and put the topic you
want to work on there.

- benoit