couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject couchdb internals doc repo
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:32:20 GMT
Hi all,

It came to my mind that a some people are asking how the couchdb internals
are working. Some for implementing alternatives, some to start start to
hack on couchdb and others for pure curiosity.

I have started a repository to collect the docs about it:

https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb_internals

For now it only contains the docs I have about the replication algorithm.
If you want to join me in that effort, just open a PR. For those who also
want direct commit access, then start with a pr with some content and ask
for it. This is that simple.

Things that will be accepted on that repo are:

- docs
- corrections
- anything that can help to maintain and display such docs.

Part of the docs could eventually be merged later in the couchdb repository
but I also think that having such repo outside can also be a good start for
a collaboration between many projects around and share new
ideas/implementations details.

Anyway will be on irc or on the ml if you want to discuss about it.

Best,

- benoit