couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: start translation of the docs into German language
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:26:21 GMT
Hi Andy!

I think this is good idea, but it worth only if localized version(s)
will be synchronized with English one and be always up-to-dated. There
is nothing worst that outdated docs(:

For localization process it's better to follow Sphinx guide about:
http://sphinx-doc.org/latest/intl.html
This approach is different from CouchDB: The Definition Guide, but
much more friendly and common for translators.

To compile whole documentation just:
git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
cd couchdb
./bootstrap && ./configure
cd share/doc
make html
open in browser build/html/index.html file

Note, that following internationalization guide will require modify a
bit Makefile.
--