couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <>
Subject [HELP] PDF docs build on Mac
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:34:56 GMT
Hi everyone!

I have to ask for help about fixing docs pdf build on Mac.

What's need to do?
git clone
cd couchdb
./bootstrap && ./configure
cd share/doc
make pdf

During PDF build a lot of output will be produced, but you shall note
the next error:

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
l.120 \tableofcontents

! Emergency stop.
<inserted text>
l.120 \tableofcontents

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on CouchDB.log.
make[5]: *** [CouchDB.pdf] Error 1

It looks like as \tablecontents is missed. Google knows (at least he
told me so) only one related issue for this:
WontFix, try to build multiple times.

The funny thing, that I couldn't reproduce that on Linux (Gentoo) -
everything works like a charm.

If you didn't get any PDF build errors please also respond with
detailed information about your system - this may be just Jenkins bug

If you did: let's think together how it could be fixed because I
haven't Mac to do this by myself.

View raw message