couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Octavian Damiean <odami...@linux.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Use Influitive to help with marketing
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 18:08:55 GMT
On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hrm this seems a little rude. What about people very passionate and
> interested in couchdb that don't want to be part of such system?

​I don't quite understand this question. Nothing I guess, they keep doing
what they do.​

> This system is quite odd and artificial. Why do we need to use a carrot to
> encourage someone already passionate? Plus, who will choose these items?
>
> Why not simply having a TODO list, aka roadmap in which people can simply
> pick an item on which  they think they can can help? Using the mail, ml,
> and irc then people could coordinate themselves around the item and let
> other they are working on.

It's about bringing new people to the table, not solely about getting the
already contributing member to contribute more. At least that's how I
understand it.

--
Octavian Damiean

GitHub: https://github.com/mainerror