couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] tag our commits
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 14:19:32 GMT
+1 for Benoits proposal.

Regarding "best practices" or "subprojects" mentioned, I would like to
share what we do at work. We have destroyed the master branch from our main
applications. Our customer has around 5 bigger releases each year. So we
started to create the branches, 2013_april, 2013_july, 2013_september and
so on. These are our "main" branches we create feature branches from.
Merging is always possible from lower to higher month.

So deriving from this scenario (what is surely different from CouchDB's
requirements) it "could" be an idea to create three main branches like
doc_master, ui_master and core_master in the same repository. On the other
hand, I guess most of the contributors to a git based project expect to
have a master branch.

One thing to mention: please, don't use "submodules" because a lot of
people do not understand to handle them ;-)

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk