couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <>
Subject Re: [1.5.0] Punted for today :(
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 15:41:11 GMT
Excellent, thanks!

I did the following things:

 - use Apache 2 License for my-first-couchdb-plugin

 - use EXTRA_DIST in src/ for my-first-couchdb-plugin

 - removed src/my-first-couchdb-plugin/Makefile from

 - kept `^src/couchjs-node/Makefile` & `^src/couchjs-node/`
   in license.skip as we do that with all the other ones as well,
   as `^Makefile` does not match `path/to/Makefile`.

Ran a full make distcheck to my satisfaction. The resulting tarball
includes all the files we care about.

Compare view here:
  (See Oct. 7 entries for today’s edits)

On Oct 7, 2013, at 17:07 , Noah Slater <> wrote:

> On 7 October 2013 17:00, Jan Lehnardt <> wrote:
>>> In this case, I would put the EXTRA_DIST in src/, and remove
>> the
>>> from src/my-first-couchdb-plugin. The EXTRA_DIST will
>> obviously
>>> have to prefix all the filenames with my-first-couchdb-plugin, but that's
>>> fine. And you can call your Makefile whatever you want.
>>> The instructions will need to be updated so that people are instructed to
>>> sprinkle the magic dust on, when they want their
>>> to be picked up by the build system
>> I tried that, but it failed with “no target for…” and then the first item
>> in EXTRA_DIST but I might have done something wrong, I’ll try this again
>> later. Thanks for confirming that it should work :)
> Okay. Let me know if you get stuck. Or when you have a final working config
> to review.
>> I wanted to avoid setting people one way or another when choosing a
>> license,
>> because they are free to create non-Apache-2 licensed plugins, but I am
>> equally happy to just set a precedent.
> The Apache License 2 is a good license choice (it's permissive like MIT or
> BSD but includes patent protections) and sane defaults are always a nice
> thing. (It also makes it easier for us to ship the demo code.)
> Everything else looks fine.
> Thanks.
> --
> Noah Slater