couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: Elixir Sandbox
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 22:04:45 GMT
But you should be able to create a view and save it into a ddoc. And to do that you need the
access to the database and the user credentials. If the web application is made in Python,
for example, you don't even know it's using CouchDB, how can you think to create a view? This
is just science fiction.
We are talking of something you can do when you leave your database "open" to the world and
this is not the case of any web application, unless you are using CouchDB to run couch apps
or as a service.
You can't run malicious code on my server, because you simply haven't access to CouchDB from
a remote IP. If I'm using an Elixir, PHP, Ruby or Python query server, I'll never let you
access to my database, because I'm developing the app in Elixir, PHP, Ruby or Python, you
don't even know that I'm using CouchDB.
If you are a company selling CouchDB as a service you want be sure no one can run malicious
code on it, but if you are not, you really don't need a sandbox.
I have a security question for you instead. The access to MySQL (or Oracle) can be configured
per user by IP. Is this option available in CouchDB? This is really important, not the sandboxing
of a query server.

-Filippo