couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From <odami...@linux.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Switching wiki to Confluence
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:12:54 GMT

A right, my bad. Anyway I took a look at the formatting syntax of
Confluence and it looks quite decent so count me in.

Do we already have a list of stuff we want to convert or is that step
one?

Cheers,

Octavian Damiean

Two separate initiatives.

Alexander has been moving some wiki content to RST. Stuff that needs
to go
in our manual.

This thread is about moving the rest to Confluence.

Help with either is appreciated!

    On 12 August 2013 19:13, <odamiean@linux.com> wrote:

    > I'm volunteering as well.
    >
    > As far as I understood it is about converting the "good" parts
    of the
    > wiki to RST, right?
    >

    > Octavian Damiean
    >
    > Launchpad: [https://launchpad.net/~mainerror:
    > <https://launchpad.net/~mainerror>]
    > Stack Overflow: [http://stackoverflow.com/u/418183:
    > <http://stackoverflow.com/users/418183>]
    >

    > Okay, follow up:
    >
    > 1) Confluence has a CAPTCHA system, so we can drop the "you have
    to be
    > manually added to a list of approved contributors" rule. (If we
    get
    > spam,
    > despite having a CAPTCHA, we can add the same sort of rule. But
    at
    > least we
    > get to try it and see.)
    >
    > 2) Still looking at conversions tools. At this point, I think
    I'm

    <odamiean@linux.com>

    <nslater@apache.org>
    >     wrote:
    >     >
    >     > > I tested CloudStack's Confluence wiki[1], and it seems
    >     perfectly fine to
    >     > > me.
    >     > >
    >     > > I am posting a quick note to Infra to ask them if
    MoinMoin is
    <rnewson@apache.org>
    >     wrote:
    >     > >
    >     > > > I've no love for the current wiki stack, will
    Confluence be
    <nslater@apache.org>
> [...]
    >     > > > > We're moving the docs to the source, which is great!
    >     > > > >
    >     > > > > However, we still have some stuff that we wanna keep
    on
    >     the wiki for
    >     > > now:
    >     > > > >
    >     > > > >  * Weekly news (not started yet)
    >     > > > >  * Merge procedure
    >     > > > >  * Release procedure
    >     > > > >  * Release preparation
    >     > > > >  * Test procedure
    >     > > > >  * Committer election process
    >     > > > >  * PMC election process
    >     > > > >  * Community guide
    >     > > > >  * Roadmap process
    >     > > > >  * Board reports
    >     > > > >  * Board report guide
    >     > > > >  * Code of conduct
    >     > > > >  * PMC charter
    >     > > > >  * By-laws
    >     > > > >  * Marketing guide
    >     > > > >  * CouchDB vision stuff
    >     > > > >
    >     > > > > Um. Probably more stuff. That's just stuff I am
    interested
    >     in working
    >     > > on.
    >     > > > > Anyway, this is all project-level stuff. Doesn't
    belong on
    >     the
    >     > > homepage,
    >     > > > > doesn't belong in the manual.
    >     > > > >
    >     > > > > I've been editing the wiki more and more recently,
    and I
    >     gotta tell
    >     > > you:
    >     > > > > it's a bag of shit. I mean really, I pressed
    "submit" on a
    >     change
    >     > about
    >     > > > 20
    >     > > > > seconds before sending this email, and I'm still
    writing
    >     this email,
    >     > > and
    >     > > > > the page is still loading.
    >     > > > >
    >     > > > > I dunno if any of you have had any experience with
    the
    >     wiki recently,
    >     > > but
    >     > > > > it's been this slow for months. And I am not
    confident
    >     it's gonna get
    >     > > any
    >     > > > > better.
    >     > > > >
    >     > > > > For that reason, I keep thinking about moving to
    >     Confluence. I'm not
    >     > > sure
    >     > > > > how much work is involved in that. Perhaps people
    wanna
    >     help out?
    >     > > > >
    >     > > > > Might be a nice opportunity to clear out the stuff
    that is
    >     in Moin,
    >     > > that
    >     > > > we
    >     > > > > don't want there any more, because it's in the docs.
    (i.e.

    --
    Noah Slater
    https://twitter.com/nslater