couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From <odami...@linux.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Switching wiki to Confluence
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 18:13:28 GMT

I'm volunteering as well.

As far as I understood it is about converting the "good" parts of the
wiki to RST, right?

Octavian Damiean

Launchpad: [https://launchpad.net/~mainerror:
<https://launchpad.net/~mainerror>]
Stack Overflow: [http://stackoverflow.com/u/418183:
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/418183>]

Okay, follow up:

1) Confluence has a CAPTCHA system, so we can drop the "you have to be
manually added to a list of approved contributors" rule. (If we get
spam,
despite having a CAPTCHA, we can add the same sort of rule. But at
least we
get to try it and see.)

2) Still looking at conversions tools. At this point, I think I'm
happy to
volunteer to do it by hand. It's gonna be hard to automate this stuff
anyway. Our wiki is quite small, and we should be loosing about 60% of
it
anyway, with Alexander's work on the docs.

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Home

    > > On 12 August 2013 01:31, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org>
    wrote:

    > > > I've no love for the current wiki stack, will Confluence be
    faster? +1
    > if
    > > > so.

    > > now: