couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] CouchDB
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:55:50 GMT
Hey everyone,

I’ve just sent this report to the ASF board :)

Thanks to Noah for compiling this!

* * *

Apache CouchDB is a database that uses JSON for documents, JavaScript
for MapReduce queries, and regular HTTP for an API.

Releases

 * 1.3.1 (27 June 2013)
   * http://www.apache.org/dist/couchdb/notes/1.3.1/apache-couchdb-1.3.1.html

Recent Activity

 * Support added for latest Erlang/OTP releases.
 * Preparation for 1.4.0 release cycle has begun.
 * Work is underway to document an official project vision.
 * Work is underway to release in Cloudant's Fauxton overhaul of the
   CouchDB admin interface.
 * Work is underway to merge in Cloudant's BigCouch fork which will
   add clustering capabilities to CouchDB.
 * Work is underway to merge in parts of Benoît Chesneau's rcouch fork
   which improves the build system, refactored internal applications,
   and additional user-facing functionality such as bonjour/zeroconf
   awareness, global db changes feeds, replications and changes feeds
   across views.
 * Work is underway on a plugin system, with early results already
   shared with the community.
 * Cloudant announced the BigCouch merge, generating lots of press
   activity.
 * Cloudant hosted a CouchDB booth and CouchDB party at OSCON.
 * Cloudant are organising 'Apache CouchDB Conf, Vancouver' on November
   13th, 2013 (in line with ASF branding and CouchDB PMC cooperation).

Our GitHub comment notifications have not been set up yet, due to lack
of progress with necessary infrastructure tasks.

Community

Including the following additions, CouchDB has 28 committers and 9 PMC
members.

New committers:

 * Dirk Ochtman
 * Sue 'deathbear' Lockwood