couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project proposal for ICFOSS
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 20:18:50 GMT
On 30 July 2013 20:13, Yashin Mehaboobe <yashinm92@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.User runs bootstrap

Yep. But remember: only people building CouchDB from a Git checkout will
ever need to run ./boostrap. When we distribute CouchDB from our website,
all of the files that ./boostrap generates are included for them.

> 2.Bootstrap fetches the git commit messages too and stores in an rst file

Sounds good.

> 3.The python script uses this rst file to generate documentation.

Yep! But note: the Python script that generates the RST files is called by
make. So we have two steps here:

./bootstrap run on a pristine source checkout, and only run by devs. It
talks to Git, and generates an RST file.

Make is configured to expect the RST file, as if it were a regular part of
the source. When you run "make", the regular rules for building the docs
should pick up the RST file and include it into the docs.

--
NS