couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.4.0-rc.1
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 19:26:06 GMT
Awesome! Thanks Dirkjan.

Sigs: OK
Hashes: OK

However, there is a minor problem with the candidate:

Only in ../tree/src: fauxton

In English: the fauxton code is not included in the tarball.

The only things that should be missing from the tarball should be related
to the bootstrapping the tarball itself, or things that are used by the dev
to set up a local environment.

There is no Apache policy that prevents us from releasing this with some
missing code in the tarball, but from an Autotools perspective, this is a
bug.

I noticed that you added an exception to the test scripts):

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb-admin.git;a=commitdiff;h=9e08d8f78337ae1f72b2b75599c7f1f09c9e29f8

This should be backed out.

I will vote -0 on this artefact. I don't think it's serious enough to block
the release, because the code itself is not used. But this should bug be
fixed for the next release.

OTOH, as the RM, you are free to abort the release if you consider this
serious enough.

(I spotted no other problems with the release. The tests ran fine, etc.)

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater