couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB UUID suggestion
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 07:44:11 GMT
I believe because UUIDs in base-16 form are more canonical than in any
other base (sure, except of 128-bit number). You may easily convert it
into binary form or whatever with standard tools. Also, I wonder how
you get 13 bytes from 32 byted string with base-36 since there should
be 25 bytes after conversion.
--