couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Docs update
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:22:01 GMT
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> I went through all commits in the branch and cleaned up a few language and grammar nits
that I just committed. Overall this is totally awesome, thanks so much for your effort!

> You imported a few parts from guide.couchdb.org and a blog post by Christopher Lenz.
We need to make sure to attribute these correctly in our NOTICE file. For the guide, there
isn’t a big issue, we just need to mention its Creative Commons license and we best just
email Christopher and ask if he’s cool with adding his post.

I'd mailed Christopher about copyrights. Hope he'll make response soon.

For CouchDB Guide do I have list all files with his content and what
copyright line should be? Is it enough to have:

 * share/doc/src/foo/bar.rst share/doc/src/foo/baz.rst share/doc/src/foo/boo.rst

   Creative Commons Attribution license.

> Are there any other external sources you borrowed from?

There are:

Externals API by Paul Davis (N.B. refactor it a bit)
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/1781-reorganize-and-improve-docs/share/doc/src/externals.rst
Source: http://davispj.com/2010/09/26/new-couchdb-externals-api.html

Replication Protocol by Benoitc
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/1781-reorganize-and-improve-docs/share/doc/src/replication/protocol.rst
Source: http://www.dataprotocols.org/en/latest/couchdb_replication.html

Sphinx httpdomain extension
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/1781-reorganize-and-improve-docs/share/doc/ext/httpdomain.py
Source: https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx-contrib/src/a94e8149babc860d0bf18ff6ea7521ecfce0b43b/httpdomain/sphinxcontrib/httpdomain.py
However, it's heavy modified for our needs and doesn't backward compatible

+ a lot of Wiki content

--