couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: [1.4] Binaries for the release
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 19:22:34 GMT
If so, it's OK, I didn't look at the menu bar. There is not a normal UX pattern. Some daemons
add a config item in the System Preferences, some others offer an "uninstall" procedure. But
an icon on the menu bar, like Dropbox, it's ok, I just didn't note it. Maybe the icon would
be red and animated for some seconds when the daemon starts, just to capture the user attention.

-Filippo

On Aug 30, 2013, at 8:39 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> Hey Filippo,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. It actually runs in the menu bar, a little
> black couch. I guess this is because users will often have it launched
> at logon? What's the normal UX pattern for OSX user daemons?
>
> A+
> Dave
>
> On 30 August 2013 13:46, Filippo Fadda <filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:
>> it works for me,
>>
>> but a thing I don't like is that when you run the app, it doesn't appear on the dock
and to quit you have to use Activity Monitor.