couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Kaufman <anthony.kauf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CoffeeScript CommonJS Module Function
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:49:04 GMT
I finally gave up and just compiled my CoffeeScripts to Javascript before I saved them into
Couch. That way I can maintain the scripts in CoffeeScript (which I like), and  store them
as Javascript (which CouchDB apparently likes). I had a script which was automating the save
anyway so this wasn't too tricky (now I'm just bragging).

I still think that this could be a real live bug, or lack of a feature anyway. Where would
be the best place to report something like that?

Thanks, Anthony

On Aug 16, 2013, at 2:03 PM, Anthony Kaufman <anthony.kaufman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to define a CoffeeScript CommonJS Module Function without success. I
can translate the same function into Javascript and it works fine. I'm using CouchDB 1.3.1
on Mac OS X Lion.

> Here's the CoffeeScript document:
> {
> 	_id: "_design/test",
> 	language: "coffeescript",
> 	lib: {
> 		say_hello: "exports.callback = (name) -> 'Hello ' + name"
> 	}
> 	test: {
> 		map: "(doc) ->
> 	say_hello = require('views/lib/say_hello').callback
> 	emit(say_hello(doc._id), doc)"
> 	}
> }
>
> When ran, it returns the following errors for each document:
> function raised exception (new TypeError("say_hello is not a function", "undefined",
5)) with doc._id

> Here's the Javascript document which works just fine:
> {
> 	_id: "_design/test",
> 	language: "javascript",
> 	lib: {
> 		say_hello: "exports.callback = function(name) { return 'Hello ' + name }"
> 	}
> 	test: {
> 		map: "function(doc) { say_hello = require('views/lib/say_hello').callback; emit(say_hello(doc._id),
doc) }"
> 	}
> }
>
> Currently, I have all of my views in a real document defined in CoffeeScript and I'd
really rather not convert them all to Javascript. Any help would be appreciated.