couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB "Joins" article Licence acknowledge
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:57:56 GMT
Hi Alexander,

No problem. But the metadata you added now makes it look like I wrote the whole page, whereas
it's just the “Using View Collation” part that you copied from my blog post :P

Cheers,
Chris

On 22.08.2013, at 12:00, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christopher!
>
> Yea, sorry about that I hadn't done this at first place. Is it ok if I
> add this info as ReST metadata in the way like this:
> http://kxepal.iriscouch.com/docs/1.3/couchapp/views/joins.html
> Raw: http://kxepal.iriscouch.com/docs/1.3/.sources/couchapp/views/joins.txt
> --
>

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey Alexander,
>>
>> I'd be glad to contribute this content to the documentation.
>>
>> Could you please just make sure to include a link to the original post, the date,
and my name. It'd be good to make it clear that the post is quoted verbatim (something like
“The following was originally published by Christopher Lenz in late 2007 at <URL>”).
I think it's a bit confusing how it's included without comment in the preview, since some
of it is a bit outdated (as Jan already pointed out), and clearly written as a blog post.