couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Kaufman <anthony.kauf...@gmail.com>
Subject CoffeeScript CommonJS Module Function
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 21:03:03 GMT
I've been trying to define a CoffeeScript CommonJS Module Function without success. I can translate
the same function into Javascript and it works fine. I'm using CouchDB 1.3.1 on Mac OS X Lion.

Here's the CoffeeScript document:
{
	_id: "_design/test",
	language: "coffeescript",
	lib: {
		say_hello: "exports.callback = (name) -> 'Hello ' + name"
	}
	test: {
		map: "(doc) ->
	say_hello = require('views/lib/say_hello').callback
	emit(say_hello(doc._id), doc)"
	}
}

When ran, it returns the following errors for each document:
function raised exception (new TypeError("say_hello is not a function", "undefined", 5)) with
doc._id

Here's the Javascript document which works just fine:
{
	_id: "_design/test",
	language: "javascript",
	lib: {
		say_hello: "exports.callback = function(name) { return 'Hello ' + name }"
	}
	test: {
		map: "function(doc) { say_hello = require('views/lib/say_hello').callback; emit(say_hello(doc._id),
doc) }"
	}
}

Currently, I have all of my views in a real document defined in CoffeeScript and I'd really
rather not convert them all to Javascript. Any help would be appreciated.

- Anthony