couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [1.4] Binaries for the release
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 19:42:43 GMT

On Aug 30, 2013, at 21:22 , Filippo Fadda <filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:

> If so, it's OK, I didn't look at the menu bar. There is not a normal UX pattern. Some
daemons add a config item in the System Preferences, some others offer an "uninstall" procedure.
But an icon on the menu bar, like Dropbox, it's ok, I just didn't note it. Maybe the icon
would be red and animated for some seconds when the daemon starts, just to capture the user
attention.

Patches welcome https://github.com/janl/couchdb-mac-app :)

FWIW, this app used to be a real proper app and then *everybody* wanted this to be a menu
bar item. So that happened :)

Jan
--

> -Filippo
>
> On Aug 30, 2013, at 8:39 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>
>> Hey Filippo,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback. It actually runs in the menu bar, a little
>> black couch. I guess this is because users will often have it launched
>> at logon? What's the normal UX pattern for OSX user daemons?
>>
>> A+
>> Dave
>>
>> On 30 August 2013 13:46, Filippo Fadda <filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:
>>> it works for me,
>>>
>>> but a thing I don't like is that when you run the app, it doesn't appear on the
dock and to quit you have to use Activity Monitor.

>>> Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
>>>
>>> -Filippo

Are people