couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's our Why?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:15:41 GMT
I'm trying to imagine what our "I have a dream" speech would be like for
CouchDB. If we were the Wright brothers, we might stand up and say "I have
a dream that one day man will fly." We might say, "I have a dream that
distributed data will be easy." (I mean, that about covers it, right?
Doesn't have to be complex. The hard part is making sure we actually focus
in on the root dream we all have.)

Jan mentioned a few months ago that CouchDB almost wants to be the Git, for
databases. What is Git? What would Git's "dream" be? I can imagine Linus
saying "I have a dream that distributed version control will be easy." Same
sorta thing, right?

--
NS