couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Git Commit Messages
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:58:19 GMT
Oh well. No harm, no foul. The important thing is that we're making
progress and that the right work is happening. There's no indication on
this thread that anyone thinks moving NEWS and CHANGES to docs/ is a bad,
idea, and a good indication that we need to have more of a discussion about
how to maintain the actual release notes. So everything fine. :)

(FWIW, I agree with you. We should not wipe out old changelogs. They are
valuable. And the Git commit messages for that period are going to be very
poor, and not at all a good replacement.)

--
NS