couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's our Why?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:28:17 GMT
Okay, here are some rough thoughts.

Why?

- We believe that distributed data should be easy

How?

- Painless multi-master replication
- Effortless clustering and sharding
- Co-location of data, queries, and views
- Deep browser and platform integration
- Built of the Web

What?

 - Erlang
 - HTTP
 - JSON
 - JavaScript
 - MapReduce

(That last list could go on, and on, and on...)

Anyway. This is just a rough sketch of the sort of hierarchy I am thinking
about.

Whatever this ends up looking like, I think this is how we should talk
about CouchDB. This structure could be a template for anything. A talk, a
sales pitch, the homepage itself. The important thing is that we start from
"why?" and we build up from foundations.

--
NS