couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project proposal for ICFOSS
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:59:25 GMT
This is very good to hear. Welcome aboard, Yashin.

Please familiarise yourself with the previous threads we've had on this
topic:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.couchdb.dev+%22%5BVOTE%5D+Git+Commit+Messages%22+order%3Adate-forward

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.couchdb.dev+%22%5BDISCUSS%5D+How+to+generate+our+release+notes%22+order%3Adate-forward

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.couchdb.dev+%22%5BDISCUSS%5D+Git+workflow%22+order%3Adate-forward

Note that we do not have community consensus around how we want to generate
our release notes. So one of the important parts of this work will be
regularly sharing your progress with the list, so that we can discuss
things.

I expect that if we adapt our Git workflow, we can probably get 80% of the
way there, and the other 20% will have to be done by a human each time. But
it would be good to see some concrete data!

Very excited to see where you get with this.

--
NS