couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's our Why?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:42:51 GMT
Agreed. Those are important! I think replication is basically our #1
technical selling point.

However... These are still "how" and not "why".

"Of the web" is more approaching the why, but it's still mostly "how".

For the why, I am thinking something more akin to the sorts of stuff that
CouchDB can enable. The peer-to-peer replication of apps and datasets. Of
being able to have your data everywhere. Why? Why are these things
important to us? Replication is great (super great) but what purpose is it
serving? What ultimate goal is it helping us to edge closer to?

--
NS