couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject [1.4] windows builds -- join the fun**
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:48:13 GMT
Hi folks,

I'd like to use 1.4 to get a few more people up to speed on how the
windows build process works**, with the longer term aim of removing
myself as a critical bus factor for the project, and having a group of
Windows-friendly people to work on the roadmap towards Couch+Merges,
where we can ditch most of my current approach and move to erlang
releases and simpler/better tooling. Yay!

Here's what you need:

    - include your TZ ; http://s.apache.org/tz1 is useful
    - how you like to walk through the process
       eg if you want a G+ hangout, skype call, prefer irc, email…

- any recent windows box that has SDK 7.1 installed (no XP please)
- you don't mind installing cygwin *and* mingw and some other stuff added to it
- follow this http://s.apache.org/couchdb-glazier-docs
- please report any embarassing fails to this thread

You need ~ 12 GB disk space for a full install & all bits, but minimum
RAM and only a single core.

ASF committers are welcome to sign up for a free MSDN licence (no
strings or costs attached) and you'll get a free ec2 micro equivalent
instance in the azure cloud. Pretty good deal -- you can even run
linux on it!

A+
Dave

** where fun and work are closely related to your desire for pain and
self-inflicted punishment