couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: [REMINDER] IRC meeting - 2013-07-24 13:00 UTC
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:23:58 GMT
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dirkjan,
>
> What is the status of the spec at the moment? Can we now pass different
> providers in the login?
>
> I'm really curious about the current status, do you have any link for
> dummies that could help?

Persona as a whole is said to be in Beta. It's mostly working pretty well.

What do you mean by "pass different providers in the login"?

The protocol is spec is completely but a little hacky. We want to do
another passthrough once the JOSE standards at the IETF are finished.
However, most of this is hidden in the shim implementation if you want
to be a Relying Party (i.e. make the login through your site work via
Persona). If you want to be/host an identity provider, I can recommend
this little library: ;)

https://bitbucket.org/djc/persona-totp

Cheers,

Dirkjan