couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][PROPOSAL] New release schedule
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:57:16 GMT
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Noah Slater <> wrote:
> Yep. One that date we can look at master and see what we have. If we have
> any features, then we bump the minor version. If we have anything that
> breaks backwards compatibility, then we bump the major.

So that means we have no guarantees of any kind on how long we go
between feature releases, which also means our shortest possible
maintenance window for old release might be something like 8-10 weeks?

I mean, personally I'm fine with this, I always keep up to date with
the latest release anyway. But what you're proposing here seems like a
somewhat big deal for those slightly more enterprisey types who like
themselves some stability, instead of forcing to be upgraded to a
release with new features (and consequently, new bugs).

View raw message