couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <>
Subject Re: [2/3] git commit: updated refs/heads/master to 6ad181c
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:36:52 GMT
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
> I'm not sure what prompted the urgency of this change but the vote was
> aborted until we find a way to generate the new changelog correctly and
> keep the old one.
> Note that I quite like to have the changes available on the doc (though it
> could be duplicated to the root too), so not sure now that it's done what
> should be done.

Okay, sorry for rushing that a bit.

I wasn't clear on the timeline for Robert's email about retracting the
point for 1.4. From reading the messages again, I don't really
understand why we'd want to keep NEWS and CHANGES around. For me as a
RM, keeping three places in sync is just a stupid chore, and I'd
prefer not to deal with it. If people feel strongly about it, I'll
happily re-add NEWS and/or CHANGES with contents populated based on
what we accumulate in the docs.

View raw message