couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: [REMINDER] IRC meeting - 2013-07-24 13:00 UTC
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:00:46 GMT
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Jason said some work was done by someone else (OcastaLabs), so we need to do
> some legal due diligence before we can make a branch in ASF-git land.
>
> In the meantime, I believe this is the code:
>
>   https://github.com/iriscouch/browserid_couchdb

I think integrating Persona support is great! I've been working with
the Persona team, so I know a thing or two about how their stuff fits
together. One problem with this plugin is the inclusion of a forked
_browserid/include.js; because Persona is still in beta, it would be a
bad idea to rely on their current implementation of the shim. Instead,
we should always use their hosted version (at a small latency penalty,
which only gets smaller as more sites start using Persona).

Also, can someone explain to me what hooks are used for this, or how
this fits together? I guess this is a kind of authentication handler
that switches out HTTP auth in favor of setting a cookie after
verifying a BrowserID assertion?

Cheers,

Dirkjan