couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: [1.4] Release process update
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:33:12 GMT
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Not to worry! Let us know if we can help with anything!

You can: please review the changelog I've come up with. It was a bit
messy, because the 1.3.x branch dragged on for a long time.

Either review the spiffy HTML version:

http://dirkjan.ochtman.nl/couchdb/changelog.html#x-branch

Or just look at this inline text version:

Upgrade Notes
--------------------

We now support Erlang/OTP R16B and R16B01; the minimum required version is R14B.

User document role values must now be strings. Other types of values
will be refused when saving the user document.

Version 1.4.0
------------------

* COUCHDB-1684: Support for server-wide changes feed reporting on
creation, updates and deletion of databases. #917d8988
* COUCHDB-1139: it’s possible to apply list functions to _all_docs
view. #54fd258e
* Automatic loading of CouchDB plugins. #3fab6bb5
* COUCHDB-1634: Reduce PBKDF2 work factor. #f726bc4d
* Allow storing pre-hashed admin passwords via _config API. #c98ba561
* COUCHDB-1772: Prevent invalid JSON output when using all_or_nothing
_bulk_docs API. #dfd39d57
* Add a configurable whitelist of user document properties. #8d7ab8b1
* COUCHDB-1852: Support Last-Event-ID header in EventSource changes
feeds. #dfd2199a
* Much improved documentation, including an expanded description of
validate_doc_update functions (commit:ef9ac469) and a description of
how CouchDB handles JSON number values (#bbd93f77).
* COUCHDB-1632: Ignore epilogues in multipart/related MIME
attachments. #2b4ab67a
* Split up replicator_db tests into multiple independent tests.

If we can agree on this, I can proceed with the rest of the release procedure.

Cheers,

Dirkjan