couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [1.4] windows builds -- join the fun**
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:42:41 GMT
I'm interested. All my work is Windows-based so I'm keen to extend the
Windows support community for CouchDb.

My timezone is GMT, and preferred communication mechanism is email as it's
not easy to guarantee times when I'll be available for skype/irc/etc.
Recorded walkthroughs might also be interesting.

I've been trying the Glazier instructions on a Win8 VM (and also a Win2012
Server VM, but with less success, so put that aside). I got as far as
the "Start a UNIX-friendly shell" section, where running shell.cmd throws
out an error for every blank line in shell.sh - I'm not sure if this is
significant or some UNIX/MS-DOS line ending problem. But after that it's
unclear to me which directory I should be unpacking the Erlang distribution
to, and there is no werl directory, which I feel the shell script should
have created, so it feels as if something may have gone wrong for me in
this section. Currently I'm stuck here, and not sure what the directory
structure should look like before the "Configure and Build Erlang/OTP"
section.

Nick