couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Re: Persona and BrowserID integration
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 15:24:46 GMT
On the topic of browser_id support in CouchDB, it feels like this is a big
chance to push for usable plugins, should the aim for this not to be
included into core but to be available as a one click install from
futon/fauxton (this and geocouch seem prime candidates)?

This isnt because I dont want browser_id support, I most definitely do, I
recently wrote a node equivalent to Jasons browser_id plugin for the only
reason that it would be easier for users to install / use on their local
CouchDB instance.

But we have a problem of support for anything 3rd party needing to be
merged to core to be usable which is very much conflicting with peoples
ability to get stuff done, the browser_id / geocouch and cors support have
been around a long time but are mostly only available to the dedicated few
(cors did eventually get merged), I would love to see a couchdb where the
browser_id plugin was available to all users of couchdb the day you
finished writing it, not (3?) years later