couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persona and BrowserID integration
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:07:47 GMT
This is an interesting argument.

Dale, what do you think about the value of "official" Persona support
in CouchDB, versus the possibility that it becomes a plugin "killer
app" or at least a decent reference implementation?

The plugin has existed for a while; however it has gotten very little
use, in part because the whole concept of a plugin is ill-defined and
brittle. You need to set ERL_ZFLAGS to activate it, to say nothing of
compiling.

Also, note that I also plan to merge the OAuth plugin. Something I
could see being a plugin indefinitely is couchdb_pingquery, although
the state of the plugin system is still extremely anemic.