couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persona and BrowserID integration
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:01:08 GMT

On Jul 29, 2013, at 18:29 , Jason Smith <jhs@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Dale Harvey <dale@arandomurl.com> wrote:
>>> On the topic of browser_id support in CouchDB, it feels like this is a big
>>> chance to push for usable plugins, should the aim for this not to be
>>> included into core but to be available as a one click install from
>>> futon/fauxton (this and geocouch seem prime candidates)?
>>
>> Yeah, I think that would be good. For me, the primary motivation would
>> be that CouchDB shouldn't grow a kitchen sink.

+1

>> On the other hand, one click installs from F(u|aux)ton sounds kind of ambitious!

Oh yes, and so worth it :)

> Given how old this plugin is (it came out right after BrowserID was
> announced IIRC), I kind of want to merge it in, then refactor it out
> if/when plugins improve.

I want plugins badly, but let’s not block this one from landing in master
for an imaginary plugin system.

That said, I hope that minimal changes are required for modules under
`src/` to become plugins later. Let’s get to that bridge before we cross it.

That said, I am making plugins my priority in the next few weeks.

Jan