couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing experimental features (was: Re: [PROPOSAL] Port _db_updates from rcouch to master)
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:29:46 GMT

On 22.07.2013, at 19:23, Filippo Fadda <filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:

> 2) heartbeat is not expressed in milliseconds like for _changes, but you can pass just
true or false. Default is "false" or "true"?

That is my, admittedly ad-hoc interpretation of the code from earlier today. I might have
missed something, but it looks like when `heartbeat=true`, _db_updates will send a \n instead
of timing out when the timeout limit is hit.

The default is true.

Best,
Jan
--

> On Jul 22, 2013, at 7:12 PM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> If it's the same version as in rcouch:
>>
>> 1. correct
>> 2. uncorrect
>> 3. yes, useless
>> 4. yes, can't really exists
>> 5. yes, can't exist we are speaking about deb events
>> 6. correct, we are speaking about events
>> 7) yup
>> others are true
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Filippo Fadda <
>> filippo.fadda@programmazione.it> wrote:
>>
>>> HI Jan,
>>>
>>> so the differences with _changes are:
>>>
>>> 1) there is no "normal" feed, "continuous" is default;
>>> 2) hearbeat is not supported for "continuous" or "longpoll" feeds;
>>> 3) feed style option is not supported;
>>> 4) since option is not supported;
>>> 5) limit option is not supported;
>>> 6) descending option is not supported;
>>> 7) include_docs option is obviously not supported;
>>> 8) timeout is in seconds instead of milliseconds (?);
>>> 9) timeout works only for "continuous" feed;