couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <>
Subject Re: Releasing experimental features (was: Re: [PROPOSAL] Port _db_updates from rcouch to master)
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:58:39 GMT
On Jul 22, 2013, at 12:13 PM, Alexander Shorin wrote:
> Experimental features should be enabled in
> configs so user takes responsibility for any behavior it provides.

I don't agree because when a feature is not experimental anymore you have to remove it from
the "experimental list" and that can introduce new bugs. We are talking about APIs included
by default; these APIs are there, but no one is telling you to call them. If you do, the special
header field "X-Couch-Experimental" is there to inform that you have called an experimental
API, that normally you are not gonna call. It's just a warning, that's all. IMHO.
View raw message