couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [1.4] windows builds -- join the fun**
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 20:32:55 GMT
Hi dch :)

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 05:48:13PM +0200, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

OK, I can re-commit to helping here.

>     - include your TZ ; http://s.apache.org/tz1 is useful

EST5EDT

>     - how you like to walk through the process
>        eg if you want a G+ hangout, skype call, prefer irc, email…

I've done it before but haven't reviewed changes in over a year. I
prefer reading/writing text vs. a video walkthrough, but since I know
they are harder to produce, if you do a video walkthrough I can work on
a step-by-step walkthrough.

> - any recent windows box that has SDK 7.1 installed (no XP please)
> - you don't mind installing cygwin *and* mingw and some other stuff added to it
> - follow this http://s.apache.org/couchdb-glazier-docs
> - please report any embarassing fails to this thread

Will do, though I am travelling until August 1st.

> ASF committers are welcome to sign up for a free MSDN licence (no
> strings or costs attached) and you'll get a free ec2 micro equivalent
> instance in the azure cloud. Pretty good deal -- you can even run
> linux on it!

Link?

> ** where fun and work are closely related to your desire for pain and
> self-inflicted punishment

Right up my alley. ;)

--
Joan Touzet | joant@atypical.net | wohali everywhere else