couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF IRC Services" <asf...@wilderness.apache.org>
Subject Summary of IRC meeting in #couchdb-meeting, Wed Jul 17 19:16:38 2013
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 20:12:56 GMT
Members present: jan____, benoitc, djc, garren, nslater, xjrn, chewbranca, Kxepal

----------------
Meeting summary:
----------------

1. Preface

2. 1.4 release
  a. http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@couchdb.apache.org/msg26798.html (Kxepal, 2)

3. rcouch merge

4. google hangouts

5. GitHub PR reviews / JIRA reviews

6. CouchDB conf

IRC log follows:


# 1. Preface #
19:16:53 [Kxepal]: topics are: 1.4 release and rcouch merge
19:16:54 [djc]: yay, Kxepal got bot privileges
19:17:23 [Kxepal]: feel free to propose others(:
19:17:31 [nslater]: let's go
19:17:46 [jan____]: Wohali: enjoy!


# 2. 1.4 release #
19:18:16 [nslater]: okay
19:18:23 [nslater]: please see the thread "[RELEASE] [REQUEST] Prepare for next release"
19:18:26 [nslater]: also https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_Preparation
19:18:46 [nslater]: i would like it if master was ready for the release process by tuesday
19:18:46 [Kxepal]: #link http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@couchdb.apache.org/msg26798.html
19:19:01 [nslater]: i need help with this. as in, i cannot do this. you guys need to do it
for me :)
19:19:08 [nslater]: djc: is this a release you are interested in running?
19:19:22 [djc]: nslater: yes!
19:19:29 [jan____]: \o/
19:20:06 [Kxepal]: nslater: is the window of new patches / fixes / bugs still opened till
23th?
19:20:08 [djc]: nslater: how do we do that? I try to run through your process and just ask
questions on email/IRC as necessary so I can clear up the process docs?
19:20:15 [nslater]: cool. i would say then, first thing is to look at that wiki page i produced,
and see what you can add to it. i want it to be a quick page that committers can look at and
just go "okay, i will run this command. ah, i see this thing needs adding to CHANGES" or "ah,
i see i can merge this thing i did last week"
19:20:35 [nslater]: it should also have some CTAs to check the github PR backlog, JIRA tickets
with patches, etc
19:20:42 [nslater]: it's a call to action for people to prep so you can hit the ground running
19:20:49 [nslater]: obviously this is a Shitty First Draft
19:20:57 [nslater]: and i do not have the Git-fu to put any commands in there
19:21:12 [nslater]: so perhaps this is something you can work on and prod people about in
the run up to tuesday
19:21:12 [djc]: yeah, I looked at it
19:21:12 [djc]: will try to fill it in a bit
19:21:27 [nslater]: so, then on tuesday i can block out the whole evening
19:21:34 [nslater]: and i can pair with you on irc, or google hangout or whatever
19:22:05 [djc]: sounds good, you're UTC+1 right?
19:22:12 [nslater]: yeo
19:22:13 [nslater]: the release procedure doc itself is... in a transitory state. but it's
also 5 years old. so mature :)
19:22:30 [nslater]: however, i am usually the person reading it - so perhaps to someone else
it is stupid and hard to read. hehe
19:22:35 [djc]: transitory how?
19:22:49 [djc]: yeah, I'm assuming there will be corners that aren't clear to me
19:22:49 [nslater]: well, i have been re-thinking how to do the releases for the last 6 months
or so
19:22:58 [nslater]: so there are bits in there that are changing each release as i figure
stuff out
19:23:15 [djc]: k
19:23:28 [nslater]: each release, i am adding stuff, etc. it's an iterative learning process
19:23:45 [nslater]: anyway, cool - i will leave this up to you until monday and i'll check
in to make sure we're still good to go on tueaday
19:23:51 [djc]: yeah, I noticed throughout last releases
19:23:53 [nslater]: what TZ are you?
19:23:54 [djc]: okay, sounds good
19:23:59 [djc]: UTC+2, so we're close
19:24:06 [nslater]: ah, cool
19:24:14 [nslater]: you will need to chase people to get the changes in
19:24:20 [djc]: I know
19:24:20 [nslater]: 80% of being an RM is bugging people
19:24:27 [nslater]: 20% is cleaning up after people
19:24:34 [nslater]: the remaining 20% is sending emails
19:24:34 [nslater]: ACTION laughs
19:24:42 [djc]: I'll probably do some changelog stuff myself though, on the grounds of me
being docs team
19:24:45 [nslater]: sweeeet
19:24:49 [djc]: I don't think that will take up too much time
19:24:58 [nslater]: cool. do you have an AWS account btw?
19:25:06 [djc]: mmm, probably not
19:25:06 [nslater]: if not, you should create one. that's where i do the main build
19:25:15 [djc]: ok
19:25:20 [nslater]: could probably give you privs on mine somehow if that was a blocker
19:25:27 [nslater]: let's punt this discussion
19:25:29 [nslater]: unless there's anything else?
19:25:30 [djc]: definitely
19:25:36 [djc]: no, I think we're good for now
19:25:42 [nslater]: ooh! one more thing
19:25:50 [nslater]: at some point between now and tuesday, you should check to make sure the
build is working on jan's travis
19:26:04 [djc]: jan's jenkins, you mean?
19:26:04 [nslater]: this should be added to that wiki page i linked above
19:26:07 [nslater]: yes, sorry. hehe
19:26:14 [djc]: aight
19:26:21 [djc]: will add it in a few mins
19:26:21 [nslater]: the amount of time's i have wasted an entire evening of my life because
of not doing that
19:26:22 [nslater]: ACTION cries
19:26:37 [nslater]: okay, i'm done on this topic
19:27:02 [benoitc]: hrm
19:27:09 [benoitc]: 1.4 do we have anythong that new for an 1. 4 ?
19:27:17 [benoitc]: not an 1.3.3 
19:27:24 [benoitc]: ?
19:27:27 [nslater]: benoitc: whatever matser looks like next tues
19:27:31 [Kxepal]: benoitc: there is a new feature as public fields for _users db
19:27:32 [djc]: benoitc: we'll have fauxton!!!!!@!!!!!!!@!@!!1111
19:27:38 [nslater]: if someone slips in a feature, then we are 1.4
19:27:38 [Kxepal]: that breaks all his security (:
19:27:46 [djc]: I'm excited about fauxton
19:27:46 [nslater]: at the moment, there are no new features on master
19:27:46 [djc]: I want fauxton now
19:27:56 [Kxepal]: nslater: no, they are
19:28:01 [nslater]: (dont think fauxton counts as its hidden)
19:28:02 [benoitc]: fauxton is ok for 1.4 ? wasn't able to test a stable version recently
from the master
19:28:08 [djc]: (we'll ship it alongside Futon)
19:28:16 [nslater]: if its accessible then thats defo 1.4
19:28:23 [djc]: benoitc: I'm going to make sure it's ready!
19:28:23 [jan____]: I’d like to propose we merge in _db_updates from rcouch. I have a branch
ready to go (https://github.com/janl/couchdb/commit/15c31508b95692677f7634be573724e11d274f8f)
19:28:38 [djc]: jan____: email PROPOSAL to list, please
19:28:46 [djc]: assuming lazy consensus?
19:28:53 [nslater]: djc: yep
19:28:55 [nslater]: lazy consensus fffftttw
19:29:01 [jan____]: djc: already drafting to send after the meeting
19:29:16 [jan____]: just wanted to clarify for the 1.4. discussion
19:29:31 [djc]: yeah, good
19:29:46 [Kxepal]: ok, moving forward?
19:30:02 [djc]: +1
19:30:08 [benoitc]: i doubt fauxtoon can be integrated for 1.4 though if it's 23th that  if
we are speaking of june
19:30:25 [benoitc]: anyway will retest when i have tim eto install the required toolchain
19:30:31 [jan____]: benoitc: fauxon is in master
19:30:53 [jan____]: benoitc: it just won’t replace Futon in /_utils for now
19:31:08 [djc]: benoitc: I don't see a problem, but I will test it
19:31:10 [benoitc]: jan____: yes, but didn't work so much last time my fault didn't report
anything. so will do a proper check
19:31:16 [benoitc]: anyway let's move on


# 3. rcouch merge #
19:32:08 [benoitc]: so status. nothing was done last week. busybusy. but blocked tomorrow
to do all the boring admin stuff
19:32:09 [Kxepal]: benoitc: I know you're busy for now, but just to track things status. how
IP clearance going? any help required?
19:32:46 [benoitc]: i guess i don't miss aything but time
19:32:46 [djc]: rcouch is at the merge-to-non-master-branch stage, right?
19:32:56 [benoitc]: should be done tomorrow
19:32:56 [djc]: we're not talking about merging into master just yet?
19:32:58 [Kxepal]: djc: yes, like bigcouch
19:32:59 [benoitc]: djc: yes
19:33:04 [jan____]: djc: correct
19:33:26 [djc]: k
19:33:34 [Kxepal]: benoitc: great! staying tuned (: thanks!
19:33:42 [nslater]: so nothing blocking the ip clearance but your availability benoitc?
19:33:51 [benoitc]: nslater: yes
19:34:05 [nslater]: cool


# 4. google hangouts #
19:34:43 [nslater]: yep! so. i was wondering if anyone here would be interested in experimenting
with google hangouts
19:34:59 [nslater]: you can record them, and post to youtube, so discussions would be share
with the community still
19:35:06 [Kxepal]: I'd like, but in listen-only and chat mode
19:35:13 [Kxepal]: no micro there for me ):
19:35:14 [nslater]: we could do one a month or something. i dunno
19:35:21 [djc]: for meetings?
19:35:21 [nslater]: djc: i dunno!
19:35:36 [nslater]: i only came up with this idea like 30 minutes ago
19:35:43 [djc]: I'd like maybe just doing the weekly meeting like that, maybe in two weeks?
19:35:44 [nslater]: i think i read that some other project had been doing it
19:35:59 [djc]: I do Mozilla meetings on Vidyo sometimes
19:36:08 [djc]: Vidyo sucks, but videoconferencing is kind of nice
19:36:09 [djc]: gives a better sense of people
19:36:31 [garren]: yeah google hangouts would be great.
19:36:38 [nslater]: i am not sure if it should replace the irc meetings (which are good becasuse
they are text base and more accessible) or whether they could supplement. so we could have
a hangout every month or whatever. and they could be structured, or unstructured, or whatever
suits
19:36:53 [nslater]: *based
19:37:02 [nslater]: jan____: interested to hear your thoughts on this
19:37:05 [xjrn]: https://plus.google.com/+CheeChew/posts/RmPerogdhrB
19:37:09 [jan____]: +1 :P
19:37:16 [djc]: nslater: IIRC you can do text-only participation in Hangouts
19:37:31 [jan____]: Hangouts can be good fun, espcially if we have a high-bandwidth discussion
to go through
19:37:31 [nslater]: ah, that's interesting
19:37:53 [jan____]: I’d definitely suggest we use them for having the bigcouch folks expliain
the code to the non-BC couch devs
19:38:16 [nslater]: yeah, that would be an interesting way to get a feel for how they might
work for us
19:38:16 [djc]: +1
19:38:16 [nslater]: could do the same with fauxton too
19:38:33 [jan____]: +10
19:38:41 [garren]: I would say it would be great to have a google hangout on a specific topic.

19:38:47 [benoitc]: i don't really see the point, +0 on that. maybe goof for informal stuff
though
19:38:47 [garren]: So maybe around like replication.
19:38:49 [nslater]: heck we could have regular monthly "show and tells" where a dev goes over
a bit of the code they are familiar with
19:39:01 [jan____]: anyone, if you want to organise this, please run with it
19:39:23 [jan____]: nslater: yes! in the erlang@c.a.o spirit
19:39:23 [nslater]: man, that would be such a great resource to anyone trying to get to grips
with contributing
19:39:24 [benoitc]: i would prefer an text format fr show and tell 
19:39:31 [jan____]: love it
19:39:31 [nslater]: to have an archive of videos where lead devs go over bits of the code
19:39:32 [benoitc]: so you don't have to watch a video 
19:39:38 [nslater]: woo! wow! great idea!
19:39:40 [djc]: I think Fauxton should be the first one
19:39:46 [benoitc]: or participate to it
19:39:46 [nslater]: benoitc: we could provide transcripts
19:39:46 [djc]: since that's topical for the release
19:39:54 [nslater]: benoitc: i am happy to volunteer for doing some of tht
19:40:08 [djc]: Fauxton guys, can we get any of you to propose a time sometime next week or
the week after for that?
19:40:08 [jan____]: benoitc: videos are definitely complementary
19:40:16 [jan____]: benoitc: not exclusive
19:40:31 [Kxepal]: back to the days of CouchDB presentations on OReilly platform? should be
fun(: +1
19:40:53 [benoitc]: jan____ and that's ok
19:41:01 [garren]: djc: with fauxton do you want us to go through the code base or just demo
it?
19:41:01 [nslater]: ACTION does a jig
19:41:16 [nslater]: garren: i think the code base would be super interesting
19:41:47 [garren]: nslater: great I would be happy to do that. chewbranca maybe we can team
up and do a demo.
19:42:01 [nslater]: garren: specifically i am now imagining a youtube channel full of introductory
material for different bits of couchdb, something a prospective contributor could watch, and
think "hey! i understand that! i could contribute!"
19:42:24 [nslater]: a video that demos how to use fauxton would also be interesting
19:42:38 [chewbranca]: that would be cool
19:42:39 [djc]: garren: demo for like 5m, then high-level dive into codebase?
19:42:53 [garren]: nslater: that would work for us. We busy implementing a new testing framework
and we need to write a bunch of tests. We could do a demo on how to write tests for fauxton
and sample the code.
19:42:53 [jan____]: +100000000
19:43:03 [nslater]: djc: i am thinking two separate vids. then we can promote them seperately
19:43:09 [nslater]: the demo is more marketing collateral
19:43:09 [chewbranca]: I'm giving an OSCON talk next week and building an app with Fauxton,
not sure if it will be publicly visible, but if so would be interesting for using Fauxton
19:43:16 [benoitc]: let me think that rather than using one techno we could aliment a feed
of all videos , texts, recording about couch
19:43:16 [nslater]: great stuff for putting on the website, blogging, etc
19:43:31 [benoitc]: as a tool to look in 
19:43:41 [nslater]: chewbranca: yes!
19:43:53 [nslater]: chewbranca: i want to blog the shit out of that
19:43:53 [jan____]: benoitc: the collection is a secondary step, we should expand on relaxed.tv
19:43:55 [chewbranca]: sweet
19:44:01 [jan____]: but lets produce that content first :)
19:44:08 [nslater]: wait, relaxed.tv is a thing?
19:44:24 [chewbranca]: I've also got a fun idea for taking my Blouch app and building a Fauxton
addon so you can have a blog admin completely separated and as a tab in Fauxton
19:44:31 [chewbranca]: that would be a fun blog post too
19:44:34 [nslater]: +100
19:45:01 [jan____]: nslater: totally
19:45:01 [benoitc]: there are already content around 
19:45:16 [nslater]: benoitc: if you wanna round up some existing content, that would be great!
19:45:16 [garren]: chewbranca: we could maybe do a google hangout in 2 weeks time then.
19:45:38 [benoitc]: while we are and show and tell, i think we could go for smth like http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20130628072625
19:45:46 [chewbranca]: I'm on holiday through wednesday of that week, but thursday/friday
I'll be around, I would be game for hopping in a hangout and chatting more
19:46:01 [jan____]: ok, other topics?
19:46:08 [chewbranca]: COUCHDB CONF
19:46:16 [chewbranca]: :D
19:46:31 [nslater]: ACTION does a dance
19:46:47 [Kxepal]: benoitc: interesting


# 5. GitHub PR reviews / JIRA reviews #
19:47:16 [nslater]: cool
19:47:37 [benoitc]: want to expand?
19:47:45 [nslater]: so a few weeks ago someone (sorry! i forgot!) mentioned doing jira / github
(can't remember which) burndowns on irc
19:47:52 [chewbranca]: me garren deathbear and drsm79- keep talking about doing a futon/fauxton
jira party but haven't had a chance yet
19:47:52 [nslater]: did that go ahead? is it still going ahead?
19:48:07 [chewbranca]: I suggested it but have not done much yet :/
19:48:07 [benoitc]: me i think
19:48:22 [benoitc]: ah too
19:48:22 [benoitc]: so 
19:48:22 [chewbranca]: Kxepal has been running with things and did a solid cleanup run of
JIRA issues
19:48:24 [benoitc]: about that
19:48:29 [chewbranca]: we've still got github PRs to go through
19:48:30 [nslater]: i was hoping for a weekly review meeting
19:48:37 [chewbranca]: and futon/fauxton JIRA issues to consolidate
19:48:44 [nslater]: so we can just burn down and take any actions, prioritise, etc
19:48:52 [nslater]: i guess whoever wants to run with this can head up the triage team
19:48:52 [Kxepal]: nslater: +1 for review meetings. threre are a lot of patches awaits for
the decision..
19:48:59 [benoitc]: in the project docker they have a bot merging changes from different repos
19:48:59 [nslater]: (which should totally be a thing btw)
19:49:14 [chewbranca]: does it make sense to have a separate meeting? or just do it in this
meeting?
19:49:23 [Kxepal]: better separate to focus on code
19:49:29 [nslater]: chewbranca: not sure. at this stage, i think it doesnt matter where it
happens
19:49:38 [nslater]: it just needs to be 'appening! :)
19:49:43 [chewbranca]: agreed
19:49:51 [benoitc]: i would prefer review questions on the ml
19:49:51 [nslater]: note: we've never had this, in the whole history of the project
19:50:01 [nslater]: so this would be a *major* step forward for us
19:50:24 [nslater]: discussion and hard decisions can be punted to the ML or to the JIRA in
question
19:50:33 [nslater]: but i think it would be good to just have a regular review
19:50:40 [benoitc]: pardon my french, but such meeting would be really boring
19:50:46 [nslater]: there are probably plenty of things that are just waiting for someone
to press a button or type a thing
19:50:53 [chewbranca]: I think it would be useful to run through open PRs and JIRA issues
as a group and basically triage them, then have more in depth discussions on the mailing list
19:50:56 [jan____]: benoitc: than don’t attend
19:51:01 [chewbranca]: benoitc: it needs to be done though, we've got 15 open PRs right now
19:51:16 [jan____]: benoitc: all important decisions will satay on JIRA/dev@ so no worries.
19:51:16 [Kxepal]: benoitc: for some issues better ML format, but others required a bit active
discussion to understand for it works, should and make it to..
19:51:23 [nslater]: yes, meetings are meant to be useful, not fun :) if you want fun, open
a beer and sit outside for a bit ;)
19:51:24 [benoitc]: jan____: that's not the point. we need to find tool to increase the number
of reviews
19:51:25 [chewbranca]: ideally we burn down the list, figure out a game plan, then get thigns
manageable so we can address the handful of new things every week
19:51:40 [benoitc]: not another meeting
19:51:53 [nslater]: it could be as simple as just assigning the ticket to someone and bumping
them
19:52:02 [jan____]: benoitc: people are exceited about an IRC meeting as that tool, please
don’t shoot that down
19:52:08 [benoitc]: meetings blocks time where askingf for reviews or go in the source would
be imo wuite more construtive
19:52:31 [jan____]: benoitc: again, you don’t have to be at that meeting
19:52:46 [benoitc]: would be
19:52:53 [nslater]: anyway
19:52:53 [jan____]: but please don’t discourge people here who want to do that to bring
the proejct forward 
19:53:01 [benoitc]: that's not the point again
19:53:01 [benoitc]: lack of review ?
19:53:01 [nslater]: is anything interested in running such a meeting as an experiment?
19:53:03 [benoitc]: why?
19:53:16 [benoitc]: and why do you think blocking 1h would increase that?
19:53:31 [djc]: nslater: I wouldn't mind running that
19:53:31 [nslater]: djc: sweet
19:53:38 [benoitc]: wherestarting by asking for review on the ml would be the simpler step
19:53:39 [djc]: since I probably don't have much to actually contribute on the issues, anyway
19:53:53 [jan____]: benoitc: let people do their thing
19:54:01 [nslater]: me either. i am happy to sit in on a few and see what it's like, see if
i can help
19:54:01 [jan____]: benoitc: and then you can do your thing
19:54:08 [jan____]: benoitc: and hten we all get more done
19:54:16 [djc]: so action item for me to do a proposal on how and when to set that up
19:54:23 [benoitc]: then why discussing it...
19:54:23 [nslater]: sweet
19:54:23 [benoitc]: ok.
19:54:55 [chewbranca]: a minimum that I would like to see is something discussed in this meeting
like "hey all, a new PR came in related to X? who can look at it? #action Y to look at X"
19:55:01 [nslater]: djc: could do it as a run on from this meeting, perhaps? so you can stick
around if you wanna do the ticket burn down. or, i guess, pick another day. i am not sure
what is gonna work for most people
19:55:18 [benoitc]: chewbranca: that would imply to follow irc
19:55:23 [nslater]: chewbranca: there's one step before that
19:55:25 [djc]: nslater: I want to think about it a bit
19:55:31 [benoitc]: irc is instant not async
19:55:38 [chewbranca]: nslater: yeah, we need to knock down the list before we can get to
that
19:55:53 [nslater]: chewbranca: for each issue that comes in, a bit of triage should be done.
as in, is this valid? can we tell the person to add X or Y before we pass this on to a dev
19:55:53 [Kxepal]: benoitc: don't worry - we'll try, see how effective it works and throw
it away if it's ineffective (: I see your point and for some cases you're right and irc might
be not best tool for active reviewing
19:56:18 [nslater]: djc: cools
19:57:03 [nslater]: djc: it might be the case that after a few meetings, a certain workflow
is established that doesn't even need an irc meeting. i.e. it could just be a thing that a
group of people calendar each week and spend an hour on or whatever
19:57:23 [jan____]: benoitc: also, in *any* case, everything can be brought up on dev@ and
reverted in git. so let people just run with the momentum and see how it goes.
19:57:26 [nslater]: should be easy enough to generate a report of un-triaged issues, or issues
that are wilting due to lack of attention
19:57:53 [nslater]: okay, that's it for me. let's leave this with djc :D
19:58:17 [nslater]: djc one thing i would note is that django does THE BEST trigaging of any
OSS project i have ever seen
19:58:23 [benoitc]: another topic probably what about going for a system where a commit need
a review. so devs would be maybe more inclined to review (if they can)  
19:58:26 [nslater]: if you dip into their tickets, you'll see what i mean
19:59:01 [nslater]: they have a team of people (who are mostly not committers, but are trying
to "earn their colours", who are going through on a daily basis, categorising issues, closing
obvious wont fix ones, and then assigning to core devs)
19:59:03 [nslater]: it's a very impressive operation
19:59:08 [jan____]: benoitc: great idea, lets explore that once the triage team is in full
swing
19:59:08 [djc]: nslater: I'll see if I can find out more about what django does
19:59:23 [nslater]: cool
19:59:38 [jan____]: I hear Django merges your patches even before you post them
19:59:54 [nslater]: and then JKM pours you a beer
20:00:08 [nslater]: okay. looks like we're done
20:00:11 [nslater]: any other topics?
20:00:41 [jan____]: time’s up!
20:00:42 [nslater]: cool
20:00:56 [djc]: good meeting this time :)
20:01:03 [nslater]: yeah. GREAT meeting
20:01:18 [djc]: I also feel like maybe the other meeting time doesn't work so well
20:01:25 [djc]: but maybe that's okay
20:01:54 [chewbranca]: wait
20:02:08 [chewbranca]: I've got a quick topic for COUCHDB CONF
20:02:18 [Kxepal]: chewbranca: just in time!


# 6. CouchDB conf #
20:02:34 [jan____]: great meeting everyone, thanks!
20:02:38 [chewbranca]: CouchDB Conf Cascadia is officially a go!!!
20:02:52 [chewbranca]: November 13th in Vancouver, Canada
20:02:52 [jan____]: OMG ZOMG !
20:02:54 [djc]: nice :)
20:03:08 [chewbranca]: we're going to piggy back off of cascadia.js http://2013.cascadiajs.com/
20:03:16 [chewbranca]: which is happening November 14-15th
20:03:26 [chewbranca]: so we'll be at the same venue and do a single day conference
20:03:47 [jan____]: benoitc: [off] nope
20:04:09 [chewbranca]: officially as the logistics for sharing a conference with Carter who
is running cascadia.js and also Cloudant picking up costs for venue and what not
20:04:32 [chewbranca]: and also for having someone to run through and make sure everything
gets setup
20:04:33 [jan____]: chewbranca: that is all fucking fantastic <3
20:05:02 [chewbranca]: I'll send out more information soon, and we'll do something for proposals
and what not
20:05:18 [chewbranca]: we've got a full day, and no set plans on agenda or format, so we can
run with things
20:05:25 [benoitc]: love the 1 day format
20:05:39 [chewbranca]: and for those of you interested in javascript, cascadia.js is a damn
fine conference, Carter can throw a conference, I highly recommend attending
20:06:08 [chewbranca]: proposals are out for cascadia.js as well
20:06:18 [chewbranca]: I'm planning on proposing a talk for cascadia.js about Fauxton
20:06:46 [Kxepal]: chewbranca: will video and/or slides be available from it?
20:06:51 [nslater]: chewbranca: who is organising it?
20:07:08 [chewbranca]: those are my updates for the moment, conference is a go on november
13th in Vancouver, Canada
20:07:13 [nslater]: chewbranca: please make sure to coordinate with private@couchdb.a.o early
20:07:56 [chewbranca]: nslater: Yuriy from Cloudant is coordinating logistics of the conference
itself, and I'll help out in terms of planning and proposals from the community side
20:08:03 [benoitc]: linked we should do smth with http://conf.couchdb.org/
20:08:13 [chewbranca]: nslater: sure, let me know what is needed and I'll send info along
20:08:20 [nslater]: chewbranca: cool thanks. please direct all branding / event approval stuff
to private@
20:08:33 [chewbranca]: benoitc: agreed, that's the plan
20:08:56 [nslater]: chewbranca: please see http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events.html
20:09:03 [nslater]: chewbranca: specifically http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events.html#approval
20:09:42 [nslater]: chewbranca: initial email should be sent to trademarks@apache, and private@couchdb.apache
20:09:51 [chewbranca]: nslater: ahhh good to know
20:09:56 [chewbranca]: I'll send that out today
20:10:04 [nslater]: chewbranca: i would also like to co-ordinate on marketing / promotion
20:10:33 [nslater]: chewbranca: (those should be two separate threads, so as not to bog trademarks@
down)
20:10:49 [chewbranca]: nslater: sounds good
20:11:03 [nslater]: cool
20:12:41 [Kxepal]: ASFBot: meeting end


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message